PN, the main component of Rejuran® , is efficient in repairing thin, damaged and aged skin via the following mechanisms.
1. Angiogenesis: PN improves micro-circulation via angiogenesis during which there is an increased expression of a growth factor called vascular endothelial growth factor(VEGF) which is essential to the growth of blood vessels. In this way more the supply of oxygen and nutrients will increase to support cell growth and repair.
2. Anti-inflammation: PN has an anti-inflammatory effect so that less free radicals will be generated and in turn less cells will be damaged.
3. Fibroblast activation: PN induces the fibroblast production for collagen synthesis, resulting in wrinkle reduction, volume restoration and improvements in elasticity and texture.
4. Tissue repair: PN salvages DNA and RNA fragments from damaged cells and incorporate them into new DNA for cell proliferation.
5. UV protection: UV rays damage our cells and speed up aging. As PN can clear off the toxic by-products created by UV-damaged cells, it is helpful in protecting and repairing the skin from UV.
How often should I receive a Rejuran® injection?
The first four treatments spaced two to three weeks apart is recommended. After that, once every six months is recommended for maintenance.
How long does it take for Rejuran® to take effect?
The accumulative and progressive results can be noticed three to five days after the first injection. After every treatment, you can notice some improvements which develop over time.
3 to 5 days after 1st treatment:
- less oily face
- balance of moisture and sebum
- improved skin texture
2 to 4 weeks after the 2nd treatment:
- self-regeneration of collagen for elasticity
- reduced fine wrinkles around eyes and over all face
- smaller pores
- less corneum
4 to 6 weeks after the 3rd treatment:
- natural self-lifting by improvement in elasticity
- skin volume filled out from dermis
6 to 8 weeks after the 4th treatment:
- youthful look regained with all the ten cosmetic results
How long can the results of Rejuran® last?
As the results are accumulative and progressive, you can notice the improvements in skin over a long period of time. Normally, the results last for around a quarter of year after the first four treatments. After that, the rejuvenation effect can last for four to six months after each injection.
Are there any side effects or downtime for Rejuran® ?
As Rejuran® is highly biocompatible to human body, the downtime and side effects are minimal. Side effects are mainly limited to the needle marks, redness, bruising and small swellings like mosquito bites that normally resolve in one to two days for most customers.
Is Rejuran® safe?
Rejuran® is a non-surgical injection approved by KFDA and HSA and has been widely used in Korea, China and Europe for many years. Its high biocompatibility to human body makes it cause no immune responses and minimal side effects.
*Disclaimer: The results of the treatment vary from person to person and are influenced by personal health state, dietary habits, self-management and frequency of treatments etc. Veribel will not bear any responsibilities for the treatment results.